Wednesday, April 22, 2015

It Looks Like Tuesdays Are For...Spinning?

Baby lettuce in my garden

So, I took sleeping pill last night. It helps me stay asleep, but makes me feel sluggish the next day.  I had a hard time dragging it out of bed this morning, and had no bandwidth to think of something new to craft.

Today's Project: Spinning and Planning

I went on autopilot and headed toward the spinning wheel. The end was in sight on that bit of merino silk, and I could almost smell a finished object. Well, half of a finished object. This bobbin is half of my fiber. Now, spin a second bobbin, ply the two together, and voila! We'll see how long that takes.


I'm already thinking of what I want to do with this yarn. I'm pretty sure it wants to be a nice shawl. I'm going to look over the designs of Romi Hill. I have a few of hers in my Ravelry queue. I'll have to see how many yards I get.

I want my next project to be something on my triangle loom. I have a Spriggs 7' adjustable tri-loom and I think I want to make a small shawl/scarf on it out of something soft and drapey. However, I need to set myself up for success by unearthing the loom tonight and getting it set up. Perhaps I could even find the yarn I want to use. Then tomorrow I can just start weaving. Another thing I want to do with my loom is use nail polish to mark every 10th nail. I saw that tip in a weaving forum and thought it was genius.

Podcasts du Jour


  • Family Tree Magazine Podcast--host Lisa Louise Cooke has a voice that carries over any background noise. An excellent podcast both technically and for content for genealogists.

Knitting Corner

I finished hemming the Highland Bonnet. Just waiting to use my friend's washer to felt it. It feels good get something off the needles.  I have to say, this hour of creativity experiment just feels good all around. Finished items that have been languishing for months, sometimes years. Clearing out some clutter. Realizing limits. This is all good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment