Monday, May 4, 2015

How To Eat An Elephant

Morgan Monroe State Forest

I got to go hiking this weekend, and it was a wonderful, difficult time. I used to consider myself an accomplished day-tripper, but it has been many years since any serious trips. This winter has been a tough one on my body. Poor cardio and a knee injury made me nervous about how I would do.

It was a beautiful day, about 80 degrees. We went three miles in about an hour and a half. There were moderate hills with some switchbacks and I found myself panting more than once. But I did it!  I hope this signifies the return of this most enjoyable activity into my life.
Beautiful wildflowers on hike

Today's Project: Spinning

How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time, of course! That's how I feel about my current projects. I think spinning has re-captivated my attention. I am truly enjoying the process again. Yesterday, I pulled the wheel out before the whole house woke up and was able to spin out on the patio with the morning birdsong and spring flowers. Ahh. That lasted about 20 minutes before the child joined me, and the mood was broken. But now I remember how thoroughly relaxing spinning can be.
It's hard to take a spinning selfie

Something I need to spend some time on is the cleanliness and organization of my crafting area. It has become a hot mess, especially with me dragging out so many old projects. If I can't get to this during normal business hours, I might have to make it part of my hour of creativity.

Podcast du Jour


  • Just One More Row--these wonderful ladies are currently going through a lot of health issues that take up a bit of the podcast, but I love listening to them for their knitting content

Knitting Corner

I just have to let you know, one silk stocking is DONE and the second is cast on! I now think I can get them done in time to wear to my next event over Memorial Day weekend.\
My happy buddy Wiley

No comments:

Post a Comment